Father Gregory Boyle
Fr. Gregory Boyle was born in Los Angeles, one of eight children. After attending and graduating from St. Brendan School (1968) and Loyola High School (1972), he entered the order of the Society of Jesus (Jesuits) and was ordained a priest in 1984. He received his BA in English from Gonzaga University; an MA in English from Loyola Marymount University; a Master of Divinity from the Weston School of Theology; and a Sacred Theology Masters degree from the Jesuit School of Theology.
Dr. Tererai Trent
Dr. Tererai Trent is one of today's most internationally recognized voices for quality education and women's empowerment. Distinguished as Oprah Winfrey's "All-Time Favorite Guest," Tererai is a scholar, humanitarian, motivational speaker, educator, author, and founder of Tererai Trent International.
Upon graduating from the Anderson School of Management at UCLA with his MBA, Matthew Emerzian became a prominent SVP of a major music marketing company, working with the biggest artists in the world. He was "on the top of the heap" as they say, but felt like he was at the bottom of the world. He was empty. Realizing he spent his career focused on everything that didn't matter... fame and fortune... he set out to change it by creating a life focused on making the world a better place.
Join the largest, most recognized and comprehensive global convening for after school, expanded learning, and out-of-school time professionals. Set in a retreat-like atmosphere, this annual, extraordinary event will rejuvenate your passion, boost your direction for quality programming and provide tools and resources that will inspire you to create change.
We invite you and your team to experience the most invigorating blend of:
• Networking and teambuilding opportunities - more than 2,000 global out-of-school time professionals
• More than 125 exceptional workshops to help you learn and grow
• The latest trends and research in innovative and quality out-of-school time programming
• In depth learning sessions through our 1-day Pre-Conference Academy
• Opportunities for targeted conversations and learning through Inspiration Stations
• Legacy Summit sessions to support working with older youth- the largest convening of out-of-school time professionals working with middle and high school programs
• Master Classes taught by world-class experts of a discipline
• BOOST Nation: Town Hall- public meetings with national leaders and public figures
• Connections with over 125 Exhibitors sharing the newest resources, products and services to enhance your programs
• BOOST Film Festival featuring films highlighting relevant topics in the education field including issue relating to today's youth
• Options to earn transferrable college credits through University of California, Irvine (UCI) Extension
• Opportunities to experience guest speakers, authors, special events, and entertainment that will inspire you to create change
• Healthy meals and plenty of sunshine in beautiful Palm Springs, California
Please note: Name badges are required to attend all BOOST Conference events including all meals and all workshops.
50 Reasons to Attend the BOOST Conference