Keynote: Senator Barbara Boxer
A champion of quality public education, Senator Boxer wrote landmark legislation establishing the first-ever federal funding for afterschool programs. Her law now covers 1.6 million children. She continues to work to expand afterschool programs nationwide as chair of the Senate Afterschool Caucus.
Keynote: Jesse Williams
A native of Chicago and graduate of Temple University, Jesse Williams began his professional career teaching high school in low income Philadelphia public charter schools. From there he moved to New York City and, after working at a law firm, began his professional acting career, performing off-Broadway at The Cherry Lane Theatre under the direction of award-winning playwright Edward Albee in The Sandbox.
Williams is in his 8th season as Dr. Jackson Avery in ABC's hit series Grey's Anatomy and most recently served as senior producer and correspondent for EPIX docuseries America Divided with Norman Lear. His upcoming film projects include Band Aid, which premiered in January at the Sundance Film Festival, and Jacob's Ladder, a reimagining of the 1990 psychological thriller from LD Entertainment and Will Packer Productions.
OPENING SESSION: BOOST Speakeasy- Celebrating Youth Voice
Kids are not a single mold and we give youth a voice and platform to celebrate and express who they are and what they believe in. Step inside the BOOST Speakeasy and be inspired by personal stories, poetry, struggle and resilience by some of the most dynamic youth voices today.
Join the largest, most recognized and comprehensive global convening for after school, expanded learning, and out-of-school time professionals. Set in a retreat-like atmosphere, this annual, extraordinary event will rejuvenate your passion, boost your direction for quality programming and provide tools and resources that will inspire you to create change.
We invite you and your team to experience the most invigorating blend of:
• Networking and teambuilding opportunities - more than 2,000 global out-of-school time professionals
• More than 125 exceptional workshops to help you learn and grow
• The latest trends and research in innovative and quality out-of-school time programming
• In depth learning sessions through our 1-day Pre-Conference Academy
• Opportunities for targeted conversations and learning through Inspiration Stations
• Legacy Summit sessions to support working with older youth- the largest convening of out-of-school time professionals working with middle and high school programs
• Master Classes taught by world-class experts of a discipline
• BOOST Nation: Town Hall- public meetings with national leaders and public figures
• Connections with over 125 Exhibitors sharing the newest resources, products and services to enhance your programs
• BOOST Film Festival featuring films highlighting relevant topics in the education field including issue relating to today's youth
• Options to earn transferrable college credits through University of California, Irvine (UCI) Extension
• Opportunities to experience guest speakers, authors, special events, and entertainment that will inspire you to create change
• Healthy meals and plenty of sunshine in beautiful Palm Springs, California
Please note: Name badges are required to attend all BOOST Conference events including all meals and all workshops.
Click to download PDF